How to repair a towel rail?
BULL GLUE Construction Adhesive bonds to hold heavy loads.
1. Clean the areas to be attached with soap and water, removing any old adhesive or dust. Make sure the surfaces are completely dry and even.
2. Apply Construction Adhesive to the back of the rail bracket. Press the bracket back onto the wall and hold until set.
3. Allow at least 1-2 hour to dry. For best results leave overnight.
4. Excess adhesive can be removed by scraping and filing.
How to repair a shoe?
1. Ensure the parts to be joined are clean, completely dry and close fitting.
2. Spread a thin, even layer of Shoe Glue on one surface. Press both surfaces together and hold until set.
3. Allow at least 1-2 hours to dry. For best results leave overnight.
4. Replace the cap immediately and store upright in a cool dry place.
Why does super glue stick to almost anything?
Moisture is everywhere in the surrounding air. Therefore, most objects have a thin layer of moisture on their surface. As super glue comes into contact with the surfaces to be bonded, it forms long, strong chemical chains which bind the two surfaces together almost immediately.
How can super glue be removed from hands and skin?
Soaking the skin in warm soapy water as quickly as possible to soften the glue. Gently peel apart. Do not pull.
What is super glue made of?
Cyanoacrylate – an acrylic resin that reacts to form tight chains between two materials being bonded when it comes into contact with moisture on the surfaces.
How should surfaces be prepared for bonding?
1. Surfaces should be clean of oil, dirt, dust or grease and completely dry.
2. Lightly sand surfaces with a fine sand paper to roughen smooth surfaces for better adhesion.
How much glue should be applied?
The general rule is 1 drop per square inch or just enough to cover the bond area when pressed together. Less is more – excessive glue makes a weaker and slower bond.